Impact Publications : AirCargo -251-final
Page 16 • AirCArgo AsiA-PACifiC • OCTOBER-NOVEMBER 2017 TrAnSporTATion and logistics company Bahri and Bolloré Group recently celebrated the official inauguration of Bahri Bolloré Logistics, the companies’ joint venture. Bahri owns a 60 per cent stake in the joint venture, while Bolloré owns the remaining 40 per cent. Headquartered in Riyadh, KSA, Bahri Bolloré logistics will provide end-to-end logistics and supply chain management services to local and international firms operating in Saudi Arabia. To mark the occasion, Bahri Bolloré logistics hosted a special ceremony at The Ritz-Carlton, Riyadh, in the presence of Abdulrahman M. Al -Mofadhi, chairman of Bahri, members of the board of directors, in addition to Cyrille Bolloré, chairman of Bolloré Transport & Logistics, Éric Giraud-Telme, deputy head of mission at the French embassy in Saudi Arabia and other senior representatives from both the companies, plus the diplomatic and military corps, among others. “ The inauguration of Bahri Bolloré Logistics will enable us to play a significant role in driving an important objective of Saudi Arabia1s Vision 2030, to further raise the Kingdom’s ranking in the global logistics market,” said Ali Al-Harbi, acting chief executive of Bahri . Bahri Bolloré Logistics celebrates KSA launch Volga-Dnepr delivers drill - and savings ONE of Volga-Dnepr’s IL-76TD- 90VD freighters has helped Air Charter service complete the transportation of a 27-tonne out- size drilling machine from Perth, Australia, to a mining project in India. Destined for Ahmedabad, the largest city in the Indian state of Gujarat, the sensitive piece of mining equipment measured over 15 metres in length and was more than three metres high. Experts from Volga-Dnepr’s Cargo Planning Centre created a special loading plan to ensure the safe positioning of the ma- chinery into the IL-76TD-90VD’s cargo cabin, taking into account the minimal clearance between the height of the shipment and the aircraft’s rear loading door. The drilling machine was pulled into the aircraft using the IL-76TD-90VD’s on-board winch- es. shahvez Jafary, commercial director ACs India said: “Weeks of planning went into the charter and we worked very closely with the Volga-Dnepr load master on the day to make sure that the awkward-shaped drilling machine was loaded with the minimum of fuss. Our client had initially asked for an An-124 to move their car- go, but we saved them hundreds of thousands of dollars by sug- gesting Volga-Dnepr’s IL-76.”The mining equipment was carried onboard one of Volga-Dnepr s IL- 76TD-90VD freighters The mining equipment was carried onboard one of Volga-Dnepr’s IL-76TD-90VD freighters.